It’s expensive to hire full-time developers. You want to get the most bang for your buck, so you should consider using remote developers. This way, you can keep costs low and still get the quality you need.
In this post, we’ll show you how to find the right remote developer for you and how you can manage them effectively. So, if you’re having trouble hiring developer, read on!
How to find the right remote developer
Below are some things you should consider if you are trying to find the right remote developer for your company:
Start by determining your needs
When finding the right remote developers for your company, the first thing you should do is to determine and define your needs. Analyze why you need to hire remote developers and what you intend to achieve or gain.
You can determine your specific needs and how a remote developer will help you meet them.
For example, if you are looking to gain financial benefits from working with remote developers, you must map out how you can benefit financially from the move. All the information you gather at this point will help you make the right decision.
It will also help you determine the characteristics or qualities you should be looking for in the right remote developers. This way, you can make a decision that will benefit your business the most.
Determine the best place to look for a remote developer
Something else you must do when finding the best remote developer is to find the best source. Below are some places you can find remote developers;
- Conventional outsourcing- The best and easiest place to find a remote developer to hire is via conventional outsourcing. The market features many outsourcing and software development companies that partner with businesses in various markets. The best outsourcing agencies offer both backend and frontend developers.
- Sourcing freelancers- In addition to using outsourcing agencies, you can also find remote developers by sourcing freelancers. You can find them from freelance networks on the internet. The trick is to ensure that you choose high-quality freelancers.
- Hiring from remote contracting sites- You can also find remote developers from contracting sites, also known as job boards. All you have to do is find a remote contracting site and choose the best experienced remote developer.
When choosing the best place to source your remote developer, you must consider elements like the trustworthiness or reputation of the source, the quality of the remote developers, and success rates. It would also be wise to take time before sticking to one source or bringing in a remote developer.
Consider the skills of the remote developers
In addition to finding a remote developer with ample developing skills and experience, you must also consider one with the following skills:
- Communication- The remote developer, should also have good communication skills. Therefore, when interviewing your potential remote developers, you must evaluate how they express themselves, how eloquent they are, and their writing skills. These skills will come in handy when working in teams.
- Autonomy- The remote developers should also be autonomous. This is because you cannot supervise them constantly. They need self-motivation and determination to complete their tasks without constant supervision.
- Team playing- An excellent remote developer should also be a good team player. The ability to work well with others will come in handy for your company. It will also save you a lot of money.
- Trustworthy- Another incredible quality of a remote developer is trustworthiness.
How to Manage Your Remote Developers
One of the vital challenges of working with remote developers is finding a way to manage them. Below are some tips to help you manage your remote developers:
- Develop a manifesto for cooperation to set a tone for cooperation from the start of your working relationship with your remote developers
- Define your work procedure. Ensuring that your work procedure is carefully defined will help ensure that everything is clear and the team knows what is expected of you. In your work procedure, you must also elaborate at length on what you wish to achieve from the project. Outlining a clear vision will come in handy.
- Work on effective communication by holding meetings and conferences
- Encourage employees to build rapport between each other and their managers
- Use collaboration or team management tools like Slack, Team Viewer, Skype, and all other tools that the market has to offer
It would be wise to hire remote developers you can trust. This is because you will not have access to the developers round-the-clock. It would also help to hire passionate employees. You can do this by conducting background checks and comprehensive interviews.
Working with remote developers does not have to be challenging. All you have to do is find the right tools for managing the remote developers and keep your goals in check.
Connie has been working within the cyber security industry for almost 10 years now, specialising in penetration testing or more specifically web application pen testing. She believes that everyone online should have access to this information and strives to provide people with the knowledge they need to begin within the industry and for others to stay safe online.